Subject: Re: Protracker support
From: Paul Reece <[email-masked]>
To: Martin Kift <[email-masked]>, Blitz Basic List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 15:45:37 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 18 May 1994, Martin Kift wrote:

> > On Tue, 17 May 1994, Martin 'StarWoids' Kift wrote:
> > 
> > > Has anybody developed a protracker 3.15 compatible mod player for 
> > > blitz yet, I'm very happy with the ST/NT and med formats, and I need 
> > > the functionality that PT provides.
> > 
> > I will be starting such a project soon....
> 
> Excellent, how long do you think it will take??? I would kind of like 
> it yesterday 8)

Hmm.. I'm not sure!! (I've never written stuff for Blitz before - actually
I don't even own it yet!! - Next week I should get it!)

> But seriously, my friend wrote some excellent pt3.15 mods for my 
> blitz game (he used PT without telling me, otherwise I could have 
> warned him). When I found out and discovered they were not supported, 
> he spent days painfully converting them to med format, and 
> unfortunately was forced to remove many lovely effects which were 
> made possible by pt commands.

I know exactly what you mean...  That is why I wrote the Enhanced Music
Extension for Amos/AmosPro

> Anyway, best of luck with the project, I'm sure lots of people out 
> here will love you if you finish it! 8)

I hope so too!!!

BTW, finger [email-masked] for some info on what MAY be
in the Blitz version...

 - Paul
 
> +---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
> | Martin Kift                     |   Software developer (C/C++/OWL/MFC)  |
> | Email: [email-masked]   |   Procede Software Ltd., UK.          |
> +---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
> | A1200/80HD/68030-50/6M/BlitzII. |   Next game: 'StarWoids' coming soon! |
> +---------------------------------+---------------------------------------+
> 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Paul Reece, Student & Network Assistant                               \\\///
Claremont College - Tasmania, Australia                               d oo b   
                                                                      | __ |
[email-masked], [email-masked]    \__/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of Claremont College!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------